Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm With Lloyd

I don't have much to say about the BCS standings that came out last night. They are; they shall be. This is what we know, and it's all we need to know.

But, if there's anything that remains to be discussed about the whole process, it's all external to the rankings, to the reasoning, to the merit. Those have had their time, there's nothing to be said or done about them.

Dan Wetzel on Yahoo! Sports has a pretty good article, with which I generally agree, mostly with the parts about Lloyd Carr's statements and actions over the last couple weeks. Dan claims that Lloyd is sticking to the old-school, Bo Schembechler, don't-dance, don't-beg style and mentality. I agree; if I were Lloyd, the prospect of convening press conferences just to jockey for votes would seem detestable to me.

I've already expressed my varying degrees of disappointment and contentment with the BCS Standings as they stand; add to those the fact that I can still count on Lloyd to keep the scores reasonable and keep his public persona classy, and I'm a pretty happy fan.

Go Blue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home